Tuesday 6 October 2009

Book Reviews.

Second Blog Post:
So its now 2:35PM and I'm still trying to do home work =[ but while I'm online I might as well talk about some books I have read and would recommend.

The Twilight Saga


By Stephenie Meyer

Yes I'm talking all four books. Twilight happened to be the first proper book I had ever read and I loved it, I was recommended it by at least 3 friends so i went to Waterstones to go buy it. As soon as I got home I started to read it and I immediately fell in love and couldn't stop reading
it.
I loved Bella, she wasn't the original teenage girl she was different and all ways thinking of others, I also loved (and i mean really) loved Edward he may be like 107 years old but he was really sweet and loving, he is defiantly the kind of guy I would love to meet. And all the Cullens were awesome, there the kind of family everyone dreams of.
About 1 and a half or 2 days later I finished the book and went straight on to the second book.
New Moon wasn't what I expected it to be, I had read the blurb and thought oh okay then and as soon as I read it I was shocked. It didn't take me long to finish that one either but I found a few bits boring, since I discovered I loved Edward I was one of the few people who skipped to the back of the book to find out what happened. I didn't really expect the ending either so New Moon was okay for me.
Eclipse was quite good actually (I found myself reading up to 1 AM just to find out what happens) because Bella finally chooses between Edward and Jacob, I was shocked at some of the little things she did when she was with Jacob and others with Edward. And I loved the ending, who knew so much could happen on that camping trip, and in the meadow =D.
Breaking Dawn i think was really good, I was a little confused in the beginning but of course i was sucked right back into the story shortly after. I liked how the point of view swapped from Bella to Jacob, leaving Bella on a little cliffhanger and you racing though Jacobs point of view to see what happened. Some parts in Jacobs point of view got a tiny bit boring for me, there were parts when Jacob focused on his pack which was nice but not what I was looking for at the time. And one part were I had already guessed what was going to happen but they didn't come up to it for a while. The ending (back in Bella's point of view) stunned me, I thought the whole grouping everyone together for the war was great. And Renesmee was such a sweet character that i loved her by the end as well.
Over all I would defiantly recommend the twilight saga to any vampire, romance lovers. For the first proper book I had read it took me straight into the story and into the twilight universe (and I read twilight just before the movie came out so it was great for better understanding). In the end though I would give the whole series a 10/10 but a tiny (and I mean really tiny) bit of a 9 as well, it was awesome but some tiny (tiny, incy, little) bits could be made better.


the host


By Stephenie Meyer

After reading 'the twilight saga' I turned to read some other books that Stephenie Meyer had published, after searching on the internet I found 'the host' of course i brought it and started to read it but I found it wasn't as good as the twilight saga.
People who had already read the book told me the first 100 pages weren't that good, and they were right I started to find myself bored and began reading slower. I gave up on the book before i got past 100 pages because I was to bored and wasn't understanding a thing. Instead of reading it I cheated and looked on the internet to see what happened in the rest of the story. Since i had the other books to read I didn't read for a while.
About a couple weeks later I found myself utterly bored and began reading the host again (where I had left off), as soon as I got past those 100 pages (maybe a couple more) it started to make up for the beginning. I began to read quicker and finished the book.
Its hard to say if i would recommend this one since I found some parts I couldn't understand and sort of boring where others it was really exciting and sucked me into that part of the story. I do like the idea of the story 'A love triangle with only two bodies' and I like how its set into the future, but I would just like a little more description so I no what the story is talking about.
I'll leave you people to decide for this one. I would have to rate this one a 7/10 if the beginning wasn't so confusing I would give it a higher mark.


The Mortal Instruments
(City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass)


By Cassandra Clare

A lot of reading different books later i came to find this, I was in WH Smiths' searching for books when i came across this, the mortal instruments series, (basically the books above) when the a quote on the front cover caught my eye '"A story world I love" Stephenie Meyer' and I think that and the front cover of the book is what made me buy it. I had to finish another series of books before I read these ones but as soon as I started to read I was sucked into the story and started to love it.
The characters were great I think Clary was really cool, Simon was so funny he came up with jokes even in parts that weren't meant to be funny, Jace was really awesome he was like a boy all the girls want but could never have, Alec was okay in the beginning but a bit mean but in the second book he became a good character, and Isabelle is just like most girls in the world.
The books were really good and funny, so many parts shocked me in the books though in the first chapter of the first book i was a little confused. But the rest of the book completely made up for it.
I still can't believe the book sends you on a kind of wild goose case just to find out who son is who and what family does he belong to? I think i like the second and third book better than the first, the first book was a little confusing but the second and third were quite good because you got to know everything that was happening and you weren't confused at all.
I would recommend this book to people who love the gore and all the romance, its a good series. I would give it a 9/10 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment