Monday 26 October 2009

Finished


Finally, on Monday 26th October at 10:22PM I finished reading Nightworld Volume 1 !!!!!
Of course I must tell everyone what I thought of the stories so I shall write that down now. =)

Be Warned!!! This shall contain spoilers, which I can not help but share. Sorry.

Secret Vampire - the first story, well . . . I didn't like it. To me Poppy was a bit dumb, don't get me wrong I felt sad when you find out that she's going to die from cancer but when James tells her "My cousin lies to people" and then when Ash comes she believes everything he says just wasn't right for me.
Also why did she turn out to be a witch?! She was already a vampire and it only confused me more making her a witch. So sorry people but I just didn't like that story.

Daughters of Darkness - Well, after having read the poor first story, I must say this one kind of makes up for it.
I have to admit I got a little lost at some points when Mary Lynette was talking about stars, btu the rest of the story was pretty good. I liked how Mary Lynette and her brother (Mark) found out that the three sisters were vampires, I also liked the relationship between Ash and Mary Lynette. It was rocky in the beginning (after all she kicked him a couple of times, which made me laugh) but after a while they got use to the idea of being soul mates and fell in love.
I defiantly liked the twist in the end, the fact that Jeremy was a were-wolf, and that he was the one that killed Mrs Burdock and her goat . . . just over land!!! But I think it was when Ash was knocked out and Jeremy was going on about "I'll change you into a were-wolf, its much better" that the atmosphere really changed.
The ending was good aswell, it was nice that even though Ash had to go back home and then prove himself to Mary Lynette that he had really changed and was nice, was that they were together and he was going to come back and see her next year to be with her forever.

Enchantress - Well, I think I liked this story the most out of the other too was because it was different really, the first two stories are mainly about vampires (because lets face it we all love vampires) but this story was about witches.
From reading the blurb I thought the story was mainly going to be about Blaise, but it was about Thea which was interesting. In the start of the story it was ramberling on about how these witches had been to many different schools, but after that I liked how the action came straight in. I must admit in the beginning of the story I hated Blaise, she was self-fish and self-centered but she slowly changed in the story which was nice.
The story had interesting little twists in it, like Randy coming back into the story completely heart broken, he made little cuts under his eyes!!! Oh and the witch ghost escaping, and when you think its not going to show up it kills Kevin!!
I must admit it had the best ending, I was shocked that some Nightworld people found out about Thea and Eric's relationship. It was nice that they pretended to drink out of that cup and forget all they knew, they both gave up everything just to be with each other (awwww).

So that's all three stories, yes I now have to begin reading the second book, but not tonight since its now 11PM and I'm tired. =D
Anyway for a rating I would give Nightworld a 3/6, since it was okay but not perfect. If the first story had been better it would of got a higher rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment