Thursday 8 October 2009

The Theatre & New Friends

It's Thursday! So I thought I would write a bit about yesterday and today.
So yesterday it was raining like anything, I sat though school talking to my friends and sitting though one detention and everything was great . . . until after school. I had to stay after school so i could be taken to my Diploma school, so they could take us to London to watch 'Dorian Gray'.
So i had to take an extra pair of clothes to school with me so I could get changed into them, which i did but it was raining. I had no umbrella and no jacket so I sat on a bench in the school out of the rain and froze.
It got to 4:30 so I got picked up and driven to my Diploma school, were I ran around in the rain even more because I didn't know where to go. I found two guys from my class and eventually found the rest and got in the mini van to drive off to London. It took an hour and something to get to London and the New Wimbledon Theater, but when we did get there we got are tickets and sat down and watched.
At the first break we got up and I was saying "This is soo awesome!" and the play was, we wondered around got sweets and watched the rest of the play. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, this play was performed in mime (no talking) and dance and we could still tell the story.


Dorian Gray is the story of a waiter named Dorian who suddenly turns into a model from his good looks, he starts to have a love affair with his photographer Basil Hallward (who yes is a man) and also has another affair with Lord Henry Wotten (who in the play is a woman).
Dorian starts to get obsessed with his good looks and is willing to try anything that will keep him looking young and beautiful, he also starts to develop his conscience.
Him and his friends start to take drugs in his house, until a new man comes along and die's from taking them. Then it all goes downhill for Dorian as he starts to realize that he cant stay handsome, he starts to go into a deep dark depression where he doesn't even know what he is doing until he does it.
Like he tries to rape Lord Henry Wotton, until the woman slaps him and he backs away only from thinking that she might of ruined his face. Dorian leaves the modeling business towards the end but Basil still wants pictures of him, so Dorian acts like he wants to have sex with him and then kills him with his own camera!
Dorian starts to realize all the bad things he is doing (all though the depressing parts his conscience has showed) and tries to kill his conscience which kills himself.

The play is a modern version of the book Dorian Gray, which after seeing this performance I would love to read. The dancing techniques were amazing and so was the story, I would defiantly go see the play again if I could.
After the show we left London and returned home. As soon as I got home I lied on my bed thinking of the play, and it stuck in my head all of that night.

Thursday 8th October
I awoke this morning feeling . . . tired but awake at the same time it confused me. With my dad constantly shouting for me to get up and go downstairs I did. I didn't have school today instead i had my Diploma, (I swear people hate me there) but people act friendly.
My first lesson at my Diploma was watching year 11s performing a play that was meant to be for new year 7s, it was shirt but very funny. It was meant to show year 7s thinking that there first day was going to be bad, but instead it was good.
Today one person that liked me was there (doing the Media part of the Diploma, I'm doing the Performing Acts) so I talked to her and walked around with her at break time and that's when it happened.
I MADE FRIENDS! WHICH ARE BOYS!! =D
I managed to make 4 friends that were all boys, I felt so great. One was a great drawer, the other two were funny and the last one just kinda walked in and out of are conversations. And best of all . . . they all listen to music I like. I found myself hanging out with them at lunch and just talking (I don't get many friends my age that like me) it was so cool.
Later when are Diploma finished i talked to them again and got high-fives from 3 of them, it was a good thing making friends with them, even if I do only see them on Thursdays.
I'm now sat in my room and its 7:58PM and I'm downloading music from my friends phone (he's 18 and mostly friends with my sister).
I'm still finding that today and yesterday could of been some of the happiest day of my life. =D
Well I'm done talking, have a good evening everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is such a spin off from the original Dorian Gray book lol The Picture of Dorian Gray.

    Still, London uh? I wish I could, damn America. I would love the chance to visit, and watch a play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a modern version of the book, which after watching the play I would like to read now.

    Really, I would love to be in America instead of here.

    ReplyDelete