Wednesday 11 November 2009

Night World Volume 2 by L.J. Smith


The Night World is a secret society of vampires, werewolves, witches and creatures of darkness - a place too dangerous to fall in love.

In Dark Angel, Angel saves Gillian from death in the icy wilderness and then offers to make her the most popular girl at school. But what does he want in return?

In The Chosen, vampire killer Rashel is torn between her feeling for her soulmate, Quinn, and her loathing for his thirst for human blood. She loves him, but is that enough?

In Soulmate, Hannah's true love - Lord of the Night World, has come back into her life and reignited her passion. But her joy is threatened by the return of an ancient enemy . . .



Hmmm I thought Dark Angel was okay, but a little boring for me. I think the end got more exciting, but Night World is meant to be a place for dark creatures and near the beginning I wondered how Angel fitted into that since he only wanted Gillian's trust. But towards the end to completely changed and you get to so the darker side of Angel, and then you also saw other sides to him too. I kind of thought that Gillian was stealing peoples dreams, after all every girl would love to be popular and have millions of friends right? But her personality changed towards the end which was okay. I can't believe Tina was so evil! and that David was so nice and understanding.
In the end it isn't the best story I've read, but it isn't the worst either.

I loved The Chosen, the story of how she was younger in the beginning was so good, it told of how she lost her family just because one vampire wanted her blood. I thought Rashel was great, she had a great personality and attitude for a vampire hunter, and the first time she met Quinn was so good. They talked of killing each other but she saved him in the end, but I soooo wanted him to see her face right then and there. Quinn was awesome for a guy after all he met Rashel again without even knowing it, it was great because even when it was the middle of the night I would still read just to find out what went on. I adored the ending it was sooo sweet whilst having action in it at the same time, I can't believe what happened to Timmy (poor kid) it was shocking and at the same time your still in shock from who was the vampire who killed Rashel's mum. I did love the fact that they just got on the boat and drove off into the sea, and they finally kissed! Aww soo sweet.
This stories structure was set out perfectly.

And I loved Soulmate even more, at first you just think Hannah's an ordinary girl who thinks shes crazy but then when you find out what has happened to her and how many life's she has had you instantly are shocked (and you don't even get all the detail!). When Thierry and Hannah finally meet you can tell how destined for each other there meant to be, and when she tells him to go away I was shocked, by that and by you find out how he screwed up! When you first meet Maya its yet again shocking, the story we were told in volume 1 was that she was dead! But yet she tries to warn Hannah when Hannah should really be warned of Maya. When Hannah next properly meets Thierry I can't believe he tells her that he is leaving, I cried a little by what he said then, because you think no he can't just go she needs him and then he does. I was so happy when she went to find him but Maya gets hold of her and is about to kill her! I can't believe Maya wanted him so much that she constantly destroyed his life, when you get told of how long Thierry has been waiting and how he screwed up once but had to pay so many times for that mistake, well you feel sorry for him. I loved this ending too, of how they just sat in the room hugging each other as the sun rose.
I think that this is the best Night World story I have read so far.

Thoughts
Well I can defiantly say I liked this book better than the first, this one has more action, romance and shockingness in the stories. I would recommend this book to all of you out there, if you bored with nothing to do then go buy Night World and start reading!
Rating : 5 or 6/6.
Reasons : Well if the first story had been a little more interesting and caught my attention more the rating would be higher.

Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment