Sunday 15 November 2009

Night World Volume 3 by L.J. Smith

The Night World is a secret society of, vampires, werewolves, witches and creatures of darkness - a place to dangerous to fall in love.

In Huntress, Jez Redfern is leader of the Night World vampires, but has an instinct to protect innocent mortals from her former friends ... Can she resist her desire for blood?

In Black Dawn, Maggie's brother, Miles, goes missing. Her search for him leads Maggie to the vampire, Delos, to whom she is strangely attracted. But while Delos lives, Miles could be lost forever.

In Witchlight, Keller is a shapeshifter. She is searching for a new Wild Power and battling her attraction to the dashing Galen. But it seems he can never be her soulmate ...


Huntress happened to be quite exciting, it had lots of twists and turns as you tired to find out who the Wild Power was. All the characters had great personalitys, and you wouldn't have expected the people you thought were nice in there to turn evil. I loved the ending when Morgead was shouting at Jez not to die, it was a little sad but when she said those last words before she fainted I laughed a little. Morgead was a great character because him and Jez had been though so much together and he still wanted to be with her even though she was different.
I liked the story structure I just wish that Jez hadn't held back so much when there minds connected.

Black Dawn was amazing, I loved Delos and Maggie. They were so good together even though Delos wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning. I liked the idea of the prophecy that she would be wearing odd socks and come in her pj's. I laughed when Delos kept on telling Maggie he would hurt her but ended up kissing her, it was just that humor in tight situations that also made it good. I was amazed to find out that Hunter Redfern hadn't died in that fire, as we all thought he would and yet again he was causing more trouble. I loved 'the dream' that Maggie had before she met Delos, it was so sweet that he would try to do that just to save her. The ending was great, I loved how he just released his blue fire on people, and then Jeanne who had a great sense of humor.
I liked how this story was based somewhere that it was more dangerous than the human world, and how all the characters got though there hard times, even when it sometimes seemed impossible.

Witchlight was better than I thought it would be actually, due to the blurb when it said Galen and Keller could never be soulmates I thought it would be something else that would happen between them, not that. But it was great not knowing what the dragon would do next, I thought what he did do though made a great ending to the story. It was also good that Keller finally let out her feelings for Galen, but was a shame that they had to keep it a secret. And Grandma Harman! How could that happen>!? I must admit though with all of that happening it brought excitement to the story, and therefor made it a good read. Also the poem at the end (aw!) I thought it was nice that Galen changed what Keller's mother had said into something nice that she would enjoy.
I loved how Alex kind of new what Keller was even if he is young, and I was glad that all the characters stuck together and gave everyone what they wanted.

Thoughts
Overall the book was a very good read, and yet again kept me up till midnight trying to find out what happens. I liked the use of humor in it, because even if the situation was serious it kept us happy. I think it was good that they would mention other characters though out the series even if it wasn't there story, because it let you know how they were all doing in Circle Daybreak.
Rating : I have to give it a 5/6
Reasons : Well all the stories in this book were great, but sometimes there were little things that bugged me but oh well. I would again deffently recommend this book to people out there who haven't read Night World yet, we all have are different opinions about it but overall the series it amazing.


Well what to do now? Well unless Strange Fate comes out soon (which I hope it does) then I've finished this series really and it's time to move on to another, which one though? Well only time can tell. =D

Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment